1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary cancels appearances - or not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 7, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: Hillary cancels appearances

Yup. A rotating regional primary system, but still staggered and spread out over some time. Give each region a window, and let the states within the regions negotiate the dates within the window, and go from there.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Who said National Primary Day would have to be in February?

Make it first Tuesday in May. Six months before general election.

Are you telling me Giuliani would not have exposed himself as a fraud by May 6?

He did decent in a couple of super early polls. Nothing more.

People in Indiana have had all of 2008 to get to know the candidates before making a choice. Iowa had to make a choice the first week of January.

And THAT is supposed to make sense?

3. Re: Hillary cancels appearances

My advice to her is to start drinking heavily.

[​IMG]

I'm in pre-med.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Awesome.

Her new name is Flounder.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Her work is done. She has damaged Obama enough for the general election that the republicans will win again.

I don't dislike Obama and I won't be upset at all if he wins, but this is typical democratic party where they take what should be a cakewalk and turn it into what should be a very tight race.

6. Re: Hillary cancels appearances

And you, mizzou, are pretty wrong there, at least based on the current state of play.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'll feel a little sorry for McCain for the way he's going to be exposed . . .

But given the alternative, not all that sorry.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Oh really?

If the Democratic primary had really hurt Obama, or if McCain had any strength, he would be up 20 in the polls by now. He's had no scrutiny, no negative press for two months now and he is still behind Obama in the national polls and is barely ahead in Ohio and Florida. Now that the focus is turning to the general election and the clear contrast between Obama and a third term of Bush, McCain's numbers have nowhere to go but down.

The reality is, once you get Obama and McCain side by side, the American people will see a clear contrast: Young vs. Old, Hopeful vs. Snarky, Engaging vs. Mean. McCain's free pass is over. Scrutiny is coming his way. His hair-trigger temper will be engaged. Americans won't want him to be the president.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I thought you were pre-law?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And, oh, the fun we're going to have with Cindy.

Fun, fun, fun.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What's the one thing Obama could say/do during the debates to make that hair-trigger go off?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

First time he throws McCain's 100-Year Plan back in his face ought to do it.

Draft saved Draft deleted