1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary: But no one could have guessed Bush would screw it up like he did...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Alley, one question:

After the Bataan death march, would you have lamented the deaths of our soldiers and been screaming "withdraw from the Pacific?" Would we have been out of the war by 1943 because we were losing lives? If not, why wouldnt' those lives be as important as the ones being lost in Iraq?

Fact: We remember the supreme sacrifice in many ways in this country. Some, however, don't cower, whimper and look for a place to hide.

Now go give Cindy Sheehan a hug.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

By beef with you is you constantly bash on Hillary (or Bill) that you do so to the exlusion of other, more important matters.

And when I bring those other important matters to light, your immediate response is to provide a tired, bizarre and pointless analogy rather than address the real issue.

Or, you try so hard to prove your point about issues that you actually violate God's own rule in pointing out how others are sinners for not believing in what you believe.

But, I've come to expect no less of you.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Give him a little longer.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And Yawn, if I truly have to explain the difference between a battlefield defeat and a foolishly implemented premise for going to war in the first place, there is absolute NOTHING that's going to help you understand that.

Nor do I feel the need to discuss courage and sacrifice with the likes of you.

You're a coward, Yawn.

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Hey, Bill Clinton never did THIS:

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

By beef?

Look, it's not about sinners when it comes to political philosophy. Let's separate the religious posts from the political posts, shall we? Trying to spin these into a consistent rant is rather pathetic.

I believe the liberal approach is flawed; has never worked, and is based on creating dependency. I think the true conservative approach (which isn't always emulated in Washington) is proven to work. When it doesn't, it also creates dependency in the form of economic slaves and the erosion of the middle class. But do a little research on some threads such as the minimum wage argument and you'll find liberals here who think that little bump is more than enough for the poor around us when it isn't even close to a living wage. Granted, Republicans haven't done much with this either of late, but it's the Democrats/liberals who claim they're FOR these people. Bullshit. They think they're so dumb as to believe that when they bump them a few cents on the dollar (remember, this "raise" is over several years.) So just like with the war, liberals sing the victim song and it resonates with their brainwashed cheerleaders. They offer nothing in the way of effective action.

7. 3bags --
    And how do we end up with government by the current bag of idiots?
    Because people take the they're-all-swine-anyway tack, mistaking cynicism for wisdom, and determine that participation is not worth it. That is how a democracy dies. Sorry, I know it's more fun to be too good for the system, but it's what we have.
    And Yawn --
    What we are engaged in now is not World War II. It isn't even the conflict we ought to be engaged in, what with AQ regrouping in Afghanistan and Waziristan, and which is primarily a multinational law-enforcement operation against an international criminal gang. It's just stupid and, arguing military cojones with somebody who took the oath while you were stumbling through your Necon Golden Book series makes you look really silly. And your last post is completely incoherent. Grow up.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Your post is bullshit.

And you're still a coward.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Don't waste your breath unless you're willing to trace the determination for going to war on that basis through the Clinton years.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Once again, Yawn changes to subject because he's too much of a coward to stick with one issue at a time.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The truth is you can't understand any conservative ideology. And that's your biggest problem.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey dipshit, you tried to roll multiple issues into one to begin with. Do you idiots ever READ what you say?

Draft saved Draft deleted