1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary: But no one could have guessed Bush would screw it up like he did...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yeah, right!

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Killing Saddam Hussein was a real, real good idea. Unfortunately, Daddy Bush fucked it up 15 years ago, and Junior Bush fucked around six more years before it got done.

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Iraq - the best $2 trillion your grandchildren will never spend.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Obama realized the trouble that would come of invading Iraq more than a year before we went in there. Some still have yet to see it. Killing Saddam was narrow-minded at best, and it has weakened our position in the world.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The only validity in such a statement, and it's a reasonable one, is that Saddam kept his enemies - which consisted of about 85 percent of his nation's population - contained, if not incarcerated, tortured or executed. Really, it's the way of the region (quick, someone tell me that's a racist remark!) It's also the one credit I can give Putin - he saw the same damn thing could happen in those southern republics so he's cracked down there before he had another Afghanistan guerrilla network established. These people really don't know any other means of government.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Hillary, as always, is playing to the most popular opinion out there.
    Had the war been a success, she'd be pounding her chest how SHE KNEW ALL ALONG IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
    Now, it's not, so I WAS DUPED EVEN THOUGH I VOTED FOR IT.
    She's a fake, a fraud, a hypocrite, and the sooner she's exposed for the fraud she is, the better.
    For her to say Obama has limited political experience is a joke.
    She sure could put on the Yankee hat, claim to be a lifelong fan and just march in there, and 1 term later, run for Prez.

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Well, as much of a fraud as she is, she's convinced her constituents twice to voter overwhelmingly for her.

Meet Mitt Romney. Meet John McCain.

Frauds, the lot of 'em.

Bill Richardson - if money wasn't an issue, he'd cruise to the Dem nomination and the presidency.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wrong, as usual.

Saddam gave us a diplomatic bargaining chip with Iran, a country which (for obvious reasons) had a high level of antipathy towards his government --- the enemy of my enemy, and so forth. Unfortunately, the party in the White House has made it clear that it cannot think any farther ahead than the release of the next set of opinion polls.

9. The enemy of my enemy, and so forth?

Then why is it so hard to accept that Saddam and OBL might have been in cahoots?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In February 2003, bin Laden labeled Saddam an infidel. (American officials said that tape was genuine.)

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Friends can become enemies for a price. Like Putin discovered, and so must we, is the only thing these bastards understand is force, and it's not going to be an easy road. But we're on it, and drive it or fold up our culture as we know it.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One thing Hill knew, for damn sure . . . she refused to run for Prez until '08 because she wanted to wait until the country was wholly exposed to the depths to which Simple and the depraved GOP could "lead" us.

In this respect, she read the tea leaves perfectly.

Draft saved Draft deleted