1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary apparently thinks we ARE stupid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 23, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2007/12/23/2007-12-23_elect_me_and_oil_prices_instantly_drop_s-1.html?ref=rss

Read the comments below the story...I think she's going to be shocked how many people don't buy into her BS.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm still tryingto get rid of the mental picture of "the Queen has no clothes"

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . but, but . . . she's ENTITLED . . . it's her TURRRRRRNNNNNN . . . didn't you get the memo?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well, the nation did vote for Bush twice.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't know, some of the comments were, you know, kinda stupid.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Even with as much tampering as was done by Shrub empathizers in Florida, Ohio, etc., the raw popular vote in 2000 remains firmly at odds with that assertion.

8. Enough.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To be fair to Hillary, the headline on that story is misleading. The point of what she was saying was that we need to approach weaning ourselves from foreign oil independent of gas prices. She didn't appear to be making a campaign promise that she would get gas prices dropped.

God, I hated typing that.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It'll be enough when folks quit referring to a Supreme Court appointment as a legitimate election result . . . especially given the disastrous subsequent consequences.

Until then . . .

11. markvid

markvid Guest

I disagree, Zeke, she is making a promise that can't possibly be kept.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There was no "promise," mark. Read what she said:

"I predict to you, the oil-producing countries will drop the price of oil," Clinton said, speaking at the Manchester YWCA. "They will once again assume, once the cost pressure is off, Americans and our political process will recede."

She goes on to say that it would be foolish to back off a commitment to lowering our oil usage just because prices fall, for any reason.

That isn't a campaign promise, and the headline writer should be ashamed of the way he framed it. It being the Daily News, I won't hold my breath.

There are plenty of reasons not to support Hillary as a candidate. This isn't one of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted