1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary and protection money, er, campaign contributions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 19, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

From the story:

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

OK, so is this a clear indication that the campaign finance laws aren't working?

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I had already posted that, but ot conveniently ignored it.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The problem is, Ace, that everyone on the left (and, foolishly, George W. Bush) signed on to the unconstitutiional McCain-Feingold law. And now Hillary's campaign is completely ignoring it.

And while her campaign coffers overflow with illegal money, the lefty pundits spout how her campaign fund is a sign of grass-roots support which actually never existed and never will as far as Hillary is concerned.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A paid liar lying. Yup, I guess that settles everything. Why don't you call the LA Times and ask why they ran this non-story? Be prepared to be laughed at.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Again, I read the article just fine. I saw that they couldn’t locate certain people. However, if you understand Chinatown areas and understand these types of communities not being able to locate someone when an individual comes into the building asking questions isn’t a surprise. There are people that don’t want to be found by others for a variety of reasons, most of it is paranoia about their legal status.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Once again, you show how clueless you are. You DID respond to me genius and your response was so juvenile and lame it was like shooting fish in a barrell of water, minus the water.

And soup kitchens, food banks, clothing banks and things of the such are so much more (a) efficiently run (b) cost-effective than any government program ever crafted together that for you to try and make the comparison and then say politicians are doing more to help than churches is laughable.

You see the government spends between about 74 and 84 cents of every dollar devoted to so-called welfare programs on the actual bureacracy "required" to run the program - that would be the salaries and benefits and so-called costs -- while spending only about 16 to 26 cents of every dollar on the actual benefits -- be it cash or food stamps or whatever -- for the intended recipients of the program. How do I know this? Because I used to write proposals for government grants for non-profit agencies that were in existence mostly seemingly to create middle class jobs for social workers.......

Meanwhile, the food bank and clothing bank and the soup kitchens in the city are run by my church are run by VOLUNTEERS, and about 98 cents out of every dollar -- there are some costs, like for cups and napkins -- go to their intended recipients. How do I know this? Because I volunteer and because each year we get an annual financial report, detailed to the penny.

So again, do yourself a favor, close your mouth, open your ears, and maybe you'll learn something and then you'll stop making such asinine and foolish comments.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

If he's lying, I guess he's no different than the liars at the White House.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

So when there's unsubstantiated claims of wrongdoing, it's true.
    When someone explains what happened, it's a lie.

Interesting.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wait, how is the campaign finance law unconstitutional?

Is it because people should be able to contribute as much as they want to campaigns? Isn't that how we got to the present problems in the political system?

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Maybe people would respect your opinion if you weren't such an asshole in every post.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bingo, exactly -- why do campaign finance laws exist in the first place? They are unconstitutional and they unAmerican.

If I have one billion dollars and want to donate it to the campaign of Barrack Obama -- why can't I?

Oh that's right, I almost forgot, campaign finance laws protect us from special interest groups being able to buy influence that us normal folks don't have.....

Draft saved Draft deleted