1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary and protection money, er, campaign contributions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Why don't you quote from the article the specific portion you are referring to? This way, you can inform me.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, robbing them is helping them to get involved "in the political process."

Do you really think people making 20K are donating $1,000 to Hillary? Naivete, thy name is Beaker.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As opposed to someone who supports the past, and potentially future, rounds of Democrat criminals and cronies?

I'm not soley pointing at the previous administration either. Pick any past Dem admin you like. Hell, pick any GOP one. They're all crooks.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Unless you cite a particular portion of the article, there's still no evidence to support your claim.

5. old_tony

Criminality is criminality. Do you have evidence against any of the leading Republican candidates? Bring it on!

Oh, I see. You have nothing (other than defending Little Miss "I don't recall").

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, I have seen people making 15K donate thousands to churches. So, I don't doubt for a minute that they might be trying to donate to a politician if they believe that politician will ascertain for them what they want.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd like to give him a chance to say that if Romney, Giuliani or any other were found to be employing such tactics, he would also denounce them for their underhanded practices.

I know it's a hypothetical, but those types of questions get answered every day.

8. old_tony

So the dog ate your homework and you want me to do it for you? Sorry, do your own homework. If reading is that difficult for you, how did you find this site?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm asking a hypothetical question O_T, you don't have to get aggressive about it.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Why do you care so much about a candidate who you say has no chance of winning the presidency? Getting nervous?

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

If you're so sure of your claim, then why don't you "illuminate" it for us.

12. old_tony

"Thousands"? Surely you've made that up. People making 15K don't have "thousands" to donate. Or they don't have a home and food.

Draft saved Draft deleted