1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary and protection money, er, campaign contributions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Campaign contributions are tax deductible, just like church donations. I'm really trying to see where the problem is.

I'm not saying that I would partake in the same if I was in their position, but I am not who the article is about.

If it is morally reprehensible for Clinton to accept money from poor people, how is it ok for a church to ask for handouts from the same people? It is all the same thing.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, good for me. The truth shall set you free.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So what should be done then?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As he said himself, O_T thinks the people who are said to have donated the money aren't the people behind the money, if you see what I mean.

If it were the case, what recourse would be possible under campaign finance laws?

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Do you have evidence of this or are you just making accusations for the sake of making accusations? If you don’t have actual evidence then what you just wrote cannot possibly be taken seriously.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wait a minute tony -- are you implying that the Clintons -- of whitewater fame, of fbi-gate fame, of illegal chinese-money fame, of Lincoln bedroom-sales fame -- are trying to get around laws and find ways to get more money into their coffers?

No way, just can't believe it.....

7. old_tony

What should be done? About 15-20 years by Hillary.

What will be done? As usual, the criminal will get a pass and a bunch of her underlings will be put on trial and forced to do the time.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

O_t would rather see people like these remain uninvolved in the political process.

9. old_tony

Read the story in the link, which you obviously haven't done. It only takes about 5 minutes to read it and you'll sound a lot smarter.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

First, there's no evidence to support your claim. And second, someone who supports the current round of Republican criminals and cronies shouldn't be calling anyone else a criminal.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Would you be this full of umbrage if it were a republican nominee that was accused of the same thing?

I'm assuming you would be, since you seem keen that it be a level playing field for all.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Considering his continued support for the Republican party's finest, I think we know what the answer is.

Draft saved Draft deleted