1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hill exposes Favre's Brattitude

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 16, 2007.

1. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Sun DASH Herald is in Florida, Bradenton, I think. THE Sun Herald is in Mississippi. Strange we get calls and emails meant for the Florida paper all of the time. I'm still miffed at Colin Cowherd's diss on our paper when Brett announced he was coming back.

I didn't like the writing because it reeks of sophomorism. Making a joke on someone's name, like "Brat," is bit ridiculous. It's one of those techniques that should be used extremely sparingly or better yet, not at all.

I'm torn on Brett. On one hand, I respect his contributions and the fact he is one rough, tough son of a gun. The guy is a legend. And he had a prominent role in one of the funniest movies ever made. (There's Something About Mary for you guys in Mulberry, Fla.).

But on the other side of the dial, dogging your management for not restocking the offense (something that they've neglected in the past few years) in public is not the kind of behavior we expect from a future Hall of Famer. I just think he should have kept it inhouse and not aired his grievances to the known world.

Draft saved Draft deleted