1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hilarity (for idiots like me) at Toronto City Council yesterday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

So I guess as a belated April Fool's joke, somebody entered fake residents' names on the agenda for yesterday's proceedings, knowing the Speaker would call these names out in council and ask these people to bring forth their issues. I can't stop laughing at this:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/04/20120403-092300.html

And last week, there was a Health and Safety Commission meeting where one of the agenda items was the safety of the city's strippers. So a peeler brought in a pole (seriously) and danced in the middle of the committee meeting to show she was a legitimate artist or something. She kept the clothes on, however, sparing about four of the old codgers a heart attack.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Nice. I also love the pop-up ad you have to click through offering "Hard News and Straight Talk" so you can see a old guy say "Anita Hoare."

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Sorry - I don't get a popup when I click on the site. My apologies if others are getting one.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Our old friend Heywood was on the list. Surprisingly, he didn't speak up when his name was called. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted