1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hilarity at the in-laws

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

My wife.....a die-hard Broncos fan, bleeds Orange and Blue....thinks Elway is the second-coming.

My father-in-law.....been a Dolphins fan since birth.....thinks Marino is the second-coming.

So....as many know.......Miami played at Denver this afternoon in a hotly-contested game.

My wife and father-in-law are what some would call vocal.

My wife gets so into games, while I am always subdued....so much so, that rarely can I be in the same room with her while Denver is playing.

.....early 4th quarter.....when Denver throws an apparent 70-some yard touchdown pass to Brandon Marshall, only to be negated by a penalty......my father-in-law screams out a "That son of a bitch pushed off".......

My wife, not convinced of this outcome, replys with a "That is such fucking bullshit"....

Take these last two scenarios, lengthen them by 20, and that's what you have........ALL GAME LONG.

Funniest line of the day comes from my father-in-law, when Ronnie Brown decides to do his best Warren Sapp off Dancing with the Stars, which causes him to scream "YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH, GET THE FUCKING FIRST DOWN...GAWD-DAMMIT BOY, YOU GOT A HELMET AND PADS ON, RUN THAT MOTHER-FUCKER OVER, QUIT DANCING AROUND THE FUCKING FIELD, AND GET THE FIRST DOWN!"

That point, I lost it......my wife's 87-year old great uncle walks into the back room, looks me square in the eye, and says "Gawd-damm, these people are loud."

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

and then Chef cut off his foot. The end.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That there's one helluva an ending, methinks.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The missus is a Broncs fan, and you're a Chiefs fan.

A.) WTF? :)

B.) What in the world was the house like after that game in Arrowhead a few weeks back?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

-----

Wow, Chef.,Your wife is a Donkeys fan? Might want to be nice ... those chop blocks don't feel very good on knees, ankles or healthy feet and toes.

And yeah ... it's fine to have passion for your team - some on this board can tell you I fit the bill. But at some point, calm the hell down.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Not a Chiefs fan in the least.

Have been a Falcons fan since I was a kid.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

At 64, my mom can't hear a thing. Can't imagine the volume if an 87-year-old thought they were loud. Impressive.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'd love to see them at the dinner table with just one pork chop left on the platter.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving must be a real treat. Which one of them becomes the Lions fan for the day?

Draft saved Draft deleted