1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hilarious NBA Comic Strip

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Nov 19, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Are you waiting for "your guys" too?

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Like the Jordans, Barkley's and others in the previous generation of ball player.  The ones who are cornrows and tattoo free.  What did you think I mean?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love corn rows. I've never seen a bad one (okay, except for that look where they were bunched up and looked like a little girls' pig tails..... sprewell wore them like that for a while). They can make an ugly guy look handsome.

I've kind of lost interest in the NBA over the past decade, but corn rows isn't a reason.

4. imjustagirl

I don't know. I have no idea how cornrows can turn someone off of a sport though.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

So you are not watching the NBA much anymore because of their hairstyles?? That makes no sense to me. Am I missing something?

6. imjustagirl

Yes, Liesl.

It's also the tattoos.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Maybe it has nothing to do with hairstyle at all ...

8. imjustagirl

KY, I think Big Chee is African-American. At least that's what I remember from past posts. I don't think this is a race thing.

That's why his take is so intriguing to me.

9. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I still watch the NBA. But the going argument against today's players are their accessories. Have you been living out of the country the last 5 years?

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wasn't meaning to single him out at all. Just talking in general.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

It's more an ageism thing to me. Older folks, and in this case older NBA fans, tend to dislike anything new or unfamiliar to them.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hahaha the cornrolls comment is funnier than the cartoon.

Draft saved Draft deleted