1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Highway patrolman arrests firefighter on scene

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Feb 7, 2014.

  1. Gator

    Gator Well-Known Member

    Not really sure what to say here, other than Erik Estrada would not approve.

  2. LongTimeListener

    LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

    Which one is the selfless hero and which one is the lazy pension-gobbler?

    I'm so confused.
  3. ColdCat

    ColdCat Well-Known Member

    picture of the cop
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Football_Bat

    Football_Bat Well-Known Member

    One of the 10% of A-hole cops who spoil it for the other 90%.
  5. Boom_70

    Boom_70 Well-Known Member

    Firefighter looks to be Caucasian and cop appears to be Latino
    or African American. Reminiscent of when the Cambridge Police
    acted stupidly. Maybe they should get together for a Sam Adams.
  6. poindexter

    poindexter Well-Known Member

    A petty squabble between a couple of 1%ers.
  7. JC

    JC Well-Known Member

    What took youu so long Poin?
  8. poindexter

    poindexter Well-Known Member

    lol - my google alert was on the fritz this morning.
  9. Double J

    Double J Active Member

    As a commenter said in that link, if this cop will act that way toward a firefighter working at the scene of an emergency while a TV news crew is there, what will he do to a private citizen where nobody can see him?
  10. RickStain

    RickStain Well-Known Member

    If you reach an impasse in an argument with a cop, it will always lead in arrest. I don't see what's shocking about that.
  11. JayFarrar

    JayFarrar Well-Known Member

    Yep. Your average, small town patrolman is likely amongst the post powerful people you'll ever meet.

    It is amazing how much power they have.
  12. Batman

    Batman Well-Known Member

    Exactly. They're the kings of the street. Even if they're in the wrong and end up paying the price later on through discipline or lawsuits, you're still going through the horrible experience of being cuffed, booked and spending time in jail.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page