1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Tennis Heckling causes forfeit at state

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printit, Jun 5, 2013.

1. printit

printit Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/hampshire-senior-wins-state-title-foe-walks-off-184904986.html

Thought this was an interesting read. Doesn't seem like anyone really looked good here.

2. The champ was trash-talking a bit.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Sunday Swett is a great ummmm name for an actress or dancer.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The people who didn't like the Cheerios ad are going to HATE that team picture. Coach looks like he is going to be the happiest throat cancer patient in America.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

That name alone is reasonable cause for family services to be called in.

Then again, the video with the article said she had a 4.26 gpa and had gotten into Yale, so it's not for us genetically unfit to judge.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Heckling high school kids. I'm sure the fans must have wonderful lives.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There were fans at a high school tennis match?

8. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

The only fans at hs tennis are parents.

This story bothers me so much. Maybe the girl is just a pampered baby. Maybe there should have been more about what was going on at the match, why they were moving courts and a better attempt to reach her.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there wasn't heckling as much as there was a ton of cheering for one player. The spoiled brat probably had fans cheering and celebrating when she hit a bad shot - which you shouldn't do; you cheer success, not failure - and down a set, she decided to blame the people and mommy and daddy couldn't handle their princess losing so they told her to walk off.
    The fact the word bullying got anywhere near this story is a farce. The kid who quit deserves bad things to happen to her.

10. I find some of this really hard to swallow.
    Like Rhody, I don't have a lot of sympathy for the girl who quit. I say she has bigger problem than hecklers at a HS tennis match.
    She was losing, having a bad day and quit.

More will come out about this now that it's national news. But I think Rhody summed it up well.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I actually clicked on the video at the bottom. Shit you not. Her dad's name is Dick Swett.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

The asshole is strong in this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted