1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports writer, St. Petersburg Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by rleblanc, Nov 19, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Late summer at that because there isn't much high school stuff going on all summer.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread, but I'm pretty sure Matt Baker from the Tulsa World got this gig.

3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Well congrats to him.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Yep, Mr. Baker left the Tulsa World to join St. Pete. I'm sure he'll do great things down there for them.

5. Matt Stephens

I enjoyed reading his stuff when I visited my folks in Tulsa. Is the TW opening up a search for a new reporter or will Barry handle things on his own (which I'm sure would be hell)?

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Kelly Hines, who has been with us for a while now mostly doing online stuff originally but doing much more writing now, will help fill a lot of the void left by Matt. Mike Brown will also chip in on high schools, as he did last year.

There won't be an opening on the sports desk from the move. The position was reassigned to the enterprise team.

7. Matt Stephens

Good for Kelly, repping OSU

Draft saved Draft deleted