1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports writer, Greensboro, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Newsom, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You're hired ...

2. boots

boots New Member

]
    Two words will help you during this trying time - KEEP LOOKING!

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thanks for your insightful advice. I'll take it under strong consideration.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Along those lines, will the interviewees be waiting until January to hear anything or is January just the date for heading to an interview?

5. John Newsom

John Newsom Member

We're still in a holding pattern here. We haven't called anyone. We haven't interviewed anyone. We're still waiting for upper management to unleash us again.

If you have any updates -- like you recently picked up a Nobel or you got word that a best-of-sportswriting anthology will publish your 40-inch Tighsqueeze-South Boston gamer -- please send them along.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I was recently notified that I was Time's Man of the Year. Make sure to note that on my resume. Right under the letter of recommendation from the Golden Skillet manager should do the trick.

7. formersportswriter

formersportswriter New Member

John - tell Joe I said hello. Used to work with him at a prior stop in VA. Great guy. Knows his soccer and WVU sports...

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I remember when 40-inch gamers were fairly common in the Tightsqueeze/South Boston area. Meat knows what I'm talking about.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Once you take out the quotes, maybe.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember the fable of the mother whale and the baby whale, and how it relates to Poquoson football?

Git. R. Done.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm starting to feel bad for tainting this thread by bringing that guy into the discussion. He probably deserves his own thread. There are plenty of stories.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Keep knocking South Boston like that and Whitey will put a tight squeeze on you. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted