1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports reporter, W. Palm Beach, FL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Oct 17, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

the domino has fallen....

With Jeff Greer's departure (to Louisville), the Palm Beach Post is now looking for someone to cover high school sports.

This was posted on JournalismJobs.com

Paper's website: http://www.palmbeachpost.com

The Palm Beach Post is looking for a fast-paced, energetic, competitive reporter to cover high school sports. The best applicant will develop sources and regularly break news on the beat, complete great enterprise and feature stories, and be able to write clearly and quickly on deadline.

This job requires a graceful writer equally comfortable writing for print and for the web, and who is adept at using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and video as a core part of our coverage. The job also involves helping on other beats when there is a lull in high school coverage.

The top applicant will be a self-starter comfortable taking direction from editors, who is prepared to work nights and weekends as required. At least two years of professional experience or the equivalent are required. Experience writing sports is preferred. Foreign language skills are a plus.

Anyone interested should contact Sports Editor Dave Tepps (dtepps@pbpost.com>).

2. jeffgreer

jeffgreer New Member

This is (obviously) my former gig. I loved just about every minute of it.

PM me if you have any questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted