1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Sports Reporter- Kansas City, KS

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Originally from Indeed.com
    on JobPath.com
    http://www.jobpath.com/Jobs/Mcclatchy/High_Sp_School_Sp_Sports_Sp_Reporter/JHP7VK78DDD2MYZ94KR

High School Sports Reporter

Details
    Location: MO - Kansas City Job Type: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
    Base Pay: N/A Required Education: 4 Year Degree
    Bonus: Required Experience: Not Specified
    Other: Required Travel: Not Specified
    Employee Type: Full-Time Relocation Covered: Not Specified
    Industry Newspaper

Job ID:

Description
    The Kansas City Star

The Kansas City Star Sports Department is looking for a full-time high school sports reporter. Qualifications include a degree in journalism or related field, such as communications, proven sourcing and interviewing skills and ability to write in/for a range of styles and platforms, including social media, breaking news, blogs, profiles and authoritative analysis. The Star counts more than 100 schools in its two-state coverage area, so our prep reporters work hard but they are also exposed to some fantastic story subjects, from personalities to trends to breaking news.

Requirements
    Qualifications include a degree in journalism or related field, such as communications, proven sourcing and interviewing skills and ability to write in/for a range of styles and platforms, including social media, breaking news, blogs, profiles and authoritative analysis.

EOE

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Tied to the Chiefs job posted a few weeks back. That was filled by a promotion from the Missouri beat. And the Missouri beat was filled by a promotion from preps.

So here's the next domino.

3. Pluggin Away

Pluggin Away New Member

Any ideas on pay range for this job?

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Why does it say Kansas City, KS, when the Star is in Kansas City, MO? Does it entail covering KCK high school teams?

5. Zads07

Zads07 Member

My bad, when I posted it, I thought Kansas for some reason. Disregard that, it's Missouri if it says so in the ad.

6. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Anybody hear anything on this? I sent in an email a week ago asking for an update and haven't gotten a response.

7. PioneerVoice

PioneerVoice Member

The job has been reposted since its original appearance. Read into that what you will.

8. Ibot1947

Ibot1947 New Member

Where are you getting your information? On the MCT site, where it was posted, still has the original date of Sept. 11.

9. PioneerVoice

PioneerVoice Member

I guess "refreshed" would have been a better word. I've seen it pulled back toward the top on some of the job-search sites, which usually means nothing. But there have been a couple of occasions when I've seen this happen after some initial interviews didn't yield wanted results.

Again, read what you will. You're right, though. I just checked the original source and it hasn't moved. So that's my mistake.

10. Ibot1947

Ibot1947 New Member

Kathleen Gier is your winner. AME-sports Jeff Rosen announced it on Twitter a few hours ago. Recent grad of KU.

Draft saved Draft deleted