1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Sports Reporter - Fort Collins (Colo.) Coloradoan

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Matt Stephens, Jan 2, 2013.

1. No. Your talent will be assumed.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's interesting. Used to be a good barometer was circulation = 1/3 of city size. Maybe less than that now. But I would hazard a guess that a city of 144k should have a higher circulation.

3. Rocktober

Rocktober New Member

Anyone know the status on this? Matt, have you begun contacting people?

4. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Got my templated Gannett "you have not been selected to advance" email today. Good luck to Matt and Miles as they go about the search process.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

beings i'm too lazy to look, was the question about compensation ever addressed?

6. vols1998

vols1998 New Member

Same here ...

7. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

New Belgium is overrated. Much better breweries in Fort Collins (Odell, Equinox, Funkwerks ... to name a few).

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You bite your tongue right this moment.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I apologize I've been gone for so long on here. Busy with college hoops stuff, but also my home IP became blocked for some reason I didn't want to step on any toes if it wasn't done in error.

The position was filled by Tyler Silvy, who comes to us from the Greeley Tribune, about 35-40 minutes away, where he covered prep sports. Oklahoma State grad. A ton of good applicants, but my editor felt like Tyler was the best candidate here and has solid experience juggling plenty of prep teams in nearby Weld County.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's about as local as you can get. No moving expenses. Congrats to Tyler.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Just spit rice all over my computer screen.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

C'mon, you're a veteran. You should know better than to read these threads while eating.

Draft saved Draft deleted