1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Musical 2 draws 17 million viewers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not being a tough guy. Merely tired of the hype and hearing about it from others.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

I have a friend who worked for a production company for a while in LA and heard a rumor that after the success of the first movie, Disney execs put out a mandate that live-action movies needed to start having singing and/or dancing in them.

I haven't seen the first one. The lady friend saw it with her little cousin and DVR'd the second, so I watched some of it with her. I now understand why pre-teen girls love that damned thing so much and it makes me sad. While the choreography was pretty amazing (have to give them that) everything about that movie made me want to poke my eyes out.

Just FYI for those who have seen what all the girls giggle about:
    http://zacefronpleasestoptanning.blogspot.com/

It's a humorous read.

3. the movies are fine

they're for kids

my girls loved 'em

and they were a lot more fun to watch than most of the crap that's on Disney & Nick

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How has spup not posted on this thread yet? She watched it.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Suggested lede:

The people who run the Tony awards are dancing in their living rooms today after discovering via the ratings for Disney's High School Musical 2 that yes, they do indeed have a future.

Royalties are expected.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Four members of the Uma and Ida Ho family were among the 17 million.

It's a cute movie and also filmed partially at my daughter's high school. No, she won't be going to East. They filmed at more than one school so they could get the right look for different scenes.

Trivia time: What is the actual mascot of the East High used as the setting for the movie?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Well put.

This Zac Efron guy is the biggest thing I hadn't heard of until last month.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, I watched it. I also made doc watch it as payback for not yet taking me to see Superbad.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I received a voicemail from a board member over the weekend informing me in no uncertain terms that Superbad is ... well, superbad. YMMV.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Oh, and not that I'm really whining because it was on a different board, unreplied to and on the second page of threads ...

but
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/45905/

11. ya know, this movie will get a ton more kids into acting and drama and musicals and performing, and that's terrific

the message that acting and performing can be cool and isn't just for nerds or those not athletic enough to go out for sports is a good one

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife just told me that none of the actors actually sings. The CD apparently credits the characters on each song, not the actual person who sang it.

FRAUDS!

Draft saved Draft deleted