1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Football Tragedy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

I was doing pxp for local Game of the Week, and on the way, listening to our primary station finish up their local game....Home team wins 42-40 on GW 22-yard FG.

As our announcers are doing wrap-up, you hear one of them gasp.....color guy asks if he wants to take a break, and pxp says yeah.

Apparently, as crowd ran onto the field after the game, 17-year old girl collapsed....docs, trainers, EMT's spent over 20 minutes giving her CPR. Still haven't heard the outcome yet, but I would assume it's not good.

Thoughts and prayers with this young lady.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's awfull.. any news?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

boots, stay off this thread. I did you a favor by nuking your bullshit which only confirmed "the 40." You are so eager to trash people that you jumped on chef without even reading what he wrote. Do not fuck up this thread. Do not come near this thread. This is one place where your bullshit is not needed.

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Chef, we're hoping things turn out OK.

5. Moderator1

No more boots on this thread and no more talk of boots. We're talking about a tragedy here.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

God bless this kid, and God bless Moddy!

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Damn this sucks chef. I heard about the incident but realize it was this serious.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just found out she got Life-Watched to Wichita last night in critical condition.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Is that a chopper of some sort? Would assume so, but I don't know the term.

10. Moderator1

Don't know if it is a chopper or plane but it is an air ambulance kind of thing.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Thoughts are with this girl and her family.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

correct.

Hospital in Wichita has both.

Draft saved Draft deleted