1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

high school football previews

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Upstatesfinest, Jun 12, 2006.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

[blue] That's too reasonable, try again.[/blue]

2. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Never too early to start thinking. Otherwise, we'll just rush and fuck everything up in August.

We play it fairly straight. No themes or anything, just strong features/profiles and a nice cover design.

Two ideas we're looking into ...

1. Reclassification issues are rearing their ugly head, so we'll look into some of the proposals and analyze a bit.
    2. Three area teams went 0-for-season last year. We'll talk to those schools and the ones from last year that turned things around after getting shut out a year prior. We had one team make the playoffs the year after a season shutout, so a decent source there as well. Not a feature on, hey, those guys are shitty, but how does a team climb out of that ditch? Most importantly, how do these teenagers deal with that kind of thing?

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We've gone around about themes before, and I think I still feel the same way. Themes often cause more problems than they solve. You wind up pigeonholing your subjects to fit the theme you've established.

Write the stories well, address what needs to be addressed. Don't be cheesy.

4. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Ideas? Are you kidding me, ideas? I just hope we can get a section out.

Anyhoo ...

http://apse.dallasnews.com/pdf/football/2006/football2006.html

Draft saved Draft deleted