1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School football Dec. 1-2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Dec 1, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yeah, in a damn arena football game. A minute into the second quarter, it was already 24-21 Vestavia Hills. Hoover finally decided that leaving linebackers outside to contain might be a good idea, and it settled down to your typical 42-37 snoozefest.

And concessions at Two-A-Days High are priced just a wee bit high. $6 for a hot dog and bottled water.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

In what is supposed to be a big matchup in Texas, that will probably be a rout is No. 3 in the nation Southlake Carroll - winners of 44 in a row, three state titles and 75-1 in last 76 games - vs. Permian, which is back in the playoffs for the first time since 1998.
    They are playing at Texas Tech's stadium. I was going to go watch, but I have to cover a different playoff game tomorrow. Oh well, I heard it is going to be tape-delayed on TV so I will watch it later.

3. chester

chester Member

They're in the state championship games here in Ohio. Three games Friday and three more on Saturday.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

State quarterfinals here in Pennsylvania ... which, with our weird little setup, coincides with some district championship games.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is very strange. So do those district champs have byes all the way to the semifinals or something?

6. KP

KP Active Member

All the Super Bowls in Massachusetts are Saturday. Seven in Eastern Mass., six in Central/Western Mass.

Big, bad 6-5 Brockton takes on 11-0 Everett in a rematch of '04 Super Bowl.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

That Lakeland-Mainland game seemed pretty good (I assume the Dreadnaughts won), but would have rather had the Manatee-St. Thomas Aquinas double OT game on the tube.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

State championships in Washington. Two down today, including Bellevue's fifth win in six years. Three to go tomorrow.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

With the stupid setup NJ has, the state sectional finals are this weekend, and then the tournament is over, so we wind up with 20 schools that can call themselves state champions (four public school groups-based on size, with four sections (regions) in each group, plus four sections of the Parochial schools).
    In every other sport, they have an extra two rounds or more of playoffs, where the sectional champions play eachother to determine the Group champion. Then in some sports the group champions participate in a tournament of champions to determine an overall champion.

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Similar to Ontario. After Thursday, five teams will be called "Provinical Champs."

11. Delaware had its Division II state championship game here last night at Delaware State University. Concord High beat Caravel Academy 21-7 to win its third DII title in the last four years. The D-I final will be here tonight also,featuring two 11-0 teams, Salesianum School and Sussex Central High School.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I saw where the Southlake Carroll game last week had a crowd of 43,000 or 44,000 people.
    But that still wasn't the attendance record for Texas. I think it was Permian and they had 50,000 or something like that for a title game.

Draft saved Draft deleted