1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School Football 9/14-9/15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 14, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

An the blond "high school" student that says Hi was there. Dunno, she's got future weathergirl written all over her...

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The scores of the games I've covered:

18-6
    47-0
    6-0
    23-0
    55-13

That's some ugly games!

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Mine:

20-7
    14-13
    can't remember
    37-0
    29-15

I've clearly gotten the better part of the stick over there.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As far as the Euless over Permian, I guess I forgot to turn on the sarcasm font. Though Permian could win 3-5A since it sucks so bad.
    As far as my scores:

12-7
    14-0
    21-14
    39-28
    41-0
    26-21

Looking back some pretty good games, but the 39-28 game featured 12 fumbles - 8 lost - and 5 interceptions. It was disgusting and took 3 1/2 hours.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If it didn't effect the game then I wouldn't put it in a story, but it might make a pretty good note. Especially if said team failed to get a first down despite getting five downs.

6. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The ones I've broadcasted so far ... the first two were pretty good -- 13-7 and 27-23, both decided on scores (sometimes multiple scores) in the final 4 minutes.

Since ...
    41-21 (and it wasn't that close)
    76-7 (between the No. 1 and, um, No. 2 teams in the state ... and that was the score at the end of the 3rd qtr ... yes, the gulf *is* that wide in Hoosierland).
    38-7
    66-35 (the winning team scored on EVERY offensive possession ... I got to practice my touchdown call pretty often in that game, while my color guy -- an ex-defensive coordinator -- was almost apoplectic).

Draft saved Draft deleted