1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High School 9/21-9/23

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Anything good going on out there?
    I know there won't be anything ESPN would cover in Ohio this weekend, but surely there are big games going on in your area. Let's hear about them, especially the strange ones.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

My local radio game this week has two teams that are 3-0........and neither one of them has given up a point.

Interestingly, this game could be 7-6, or it could be 48-44.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I get to watch a stud quarterback for the second time; I mentioned the other day that this guy reminds me of Favre. The best player on the field at all times, but still threw two picks in the last game I covered of his (a 37-0 drubbing, when he was pulled in the third) because he thought he could do whatever he wanted.

Not sure where he's going to school, but he's going to be a good one.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I've got a reporter covering a game between two teams that have only two losses combined in the last three years. Damn, that's a lot of numbers. Wish I had time to actually go watch it for myself.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Kind of a blah week for us.

A lot of our teams have byes because district play starts next week. There are a lot of mismatches, too — I'm covering one tonight; I've got my first 3 grafs already written and I just need to fill in the blanks for stats. I predict 42-0 for my game.

BTW ... for those of you who remember the "Great Gosh Almighty Joe Friday" game, Plano East is at John Tyler this weekend.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've got perhaps the game of the year tonight...should be exciting.

Otherwise, not so much; one game features two 0-3 teams that have been outscored 234-20. Thank God for stringers.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

One of the biggest rivalries in the country takes place tonight, right here in Louisville, Ky.

You always throw the record book out when DeSales plays Moore.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We're shooting photos of the publisher's hometown school for the fourth-straight week. Of course, the opponent might have something to do with it... Our readers can't get enough of them. They want to hear about them, one a day, two a day...

9. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

I covered a game last nite, and the punk JV kid at the gate tried to charge me for parking after I told him I was covering the game.

Him: You still have to pay!!!
    Me: (sound of car driving right past him)

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So far I am 0-3 in covering games this season, although they've been pretty good ones, with one OT thriller thrown in.

11. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Tonight I'm covering hometown Podunk High playing a team that is only 20 miles away.

First time in history they've ever played each other.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My game is between two teams with one loss combined and there is a chance at a really good story. The running back for the home team has an older brother that was a stud, but hasn't ever seen him play and will be there tonight. Also, said running back's mom had a heart attack on Tuesday and he didn't practice Tuesday or Wednesday, but I was told he will play. If he has a big night, it could be a pretty interesting story.

Draft saved Draft deleted