1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"high fidelity"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 19, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This is arguably the best movie soundtrack of all time.
    Have it in my car, right now.
    Cold blooded old times is one terrific song and Oh! Sweet Nothin, i'd like played at my funeral.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Book was great. Movie wasn't bad. Play on Broadway? Cancelled after seven performances. Seven. How much you gotta suck for that?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And if Laura's bourgeois lawyer friends can't take it, fuck 'em. Let 'em riot, we're Sonic Fucking Death Monkey!

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

There were times in this film when Cusack was at his screaming best. None better than...

"ALLISON.......MARRIED KEVIN!!! I AM FINE NOW!!!"

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Stuck inside of Birmingham with the Memphis blues again, my wife had packed this in her bag for the trip and I devoured the book in one night. Brilliant.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Has there ever been a movie whose soundtrack carried more pressure to be great? Half the movie is basically about making the perfect mix tape, and all the characters are defined by their love for and taste in music. And the soundtrack delivers completely. The Stevie Wonder song that plays over the end credits is so cool I had it played at my wedding reception.

And DD, I always hoped Sonic Death Monkey really did at some point become Kathleen Turner Overdrive.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

my band on guitar hero is always called sonic death monkey

9. The Commish

The Commish Guest

"Is that Peter Fuckin' Frampton?"

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

"I always hated this song."

"...yeah..."

"Now I kinda like it."

"...yeah..."

11. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

what I really love about this movie is that it's not only funny as hell, but it reminds me of the first time I hooked up with a girl who ended up becoming my girlfriend (I had to rent it again to get actually enjoy it. . . the movie, not the girl).

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Shouldn't it be sonic FUCKING death monkey.

And, I've always wanted to smash and air conditioner on tim robbins :)

Draft saved Draft deleted