1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High Blood Pressure. Anyone Had It?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Nov 5, 2008.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I'm taking altace for high blood pressure and metformin for diabetes. My last blood work was excellent, the doctor said, with cholesterol at 113 and everything else better than normal. AND, I'm 62 and overweight. But I do leg exercises regularly, primarily for my MS, and it helps everything. I use only lite salt and I've elminated all extra sugar from my diet.

The main point, Pete, is do whatever your doctor tells you to do in an effort to avoid it getting worse.

Good luck.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

I had lots of blood pressure when I saw the Kate Winslett spread.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Tell me about it. I've actually been tallying up how much salt/sodium I consume.

The daily recommended allowance is 2,400 mg. I've been doing my damnedest to cut it out and I'm still over 3,000 mg per day.

Although, 700 mg come from my microwave diet dinner every night on the afternoon shift.

I'm going to start Foreman grilling a chicken breast in the afternoon and bring it to work and nuke it at dinner.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I do live TV shows.
    Yes, I do

;D

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I've been on blood pressure medicine since I was 29. But between the meds and regular exercise, it's been regulated for years. If you want to avoid meds, make sure you work out regularly. Also, it helps not to be genetically predisposed to be pissed by everyone and anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted