1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hibachi this, Dukies!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jan 25, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

You really have to be kidding me on this one. Why? Why, why, why, why, why do you feel the need to say this? What purpose does this serve? I swear, the collective IQ and common sense quotient of today's modern athlete is dropping at a steeper rate than I thought. Read, then ram thy head into the nearest brick wall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2743071

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Paging heyabbott....Heyabbott, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's harmless banter is all...

But oh well, I hate Duke and would love to see him do it.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I guess Gilbert Arenas didn't want to be considered for any future teams coached by Mike Krzyzewski. Nice naplam job there, Gilbert.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I dunno ... sounds to me like Gilbert Arenas is coming real close to being an ugly American.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's the funniest damn thing I've read this week, including the Rex Grossman and Peyton Manning blogs.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I don't take particular offense to what Arenas said, I just find it mind-numbingly pointless, yet funny. D'Antoni's response was great, though.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Dude, I'd score like 116 right now against the seventh-grade team I got cut from back in 1985. Maybe 120.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

MEMO TO ARENAS:
    Go back to being Steve Nash's bitch a la Tuesday night's Suns' win.

NASH: 11-13 field goal, 3-4 from three-point line, 2-2 from the foul line, 3 rebounds, 14 assists, 27 points.
    ARENAS: 11-25 shooting, 3-9 from three-point line, 6-8 from the line, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 31 points.

Arenas has promised this season to take out his frustrations about the national team on Krzyzewski's Team USA assistants, Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni and Portland coach Nate McMillan.

Oh, sure, he had 31 points and 54 versus the Suns last meeting. But I'm still sick of Arenas.

SHUT UP!

Hibachi this, you second fiddle!

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Arenas is a great player, with a sense of humor and style. He plays hard every night and practices hard every day but still understands the the nature of the entertainment business, a lesson he learned from his father. He doesn't carry the meglomania, insecurities and immature behavior of many of his contemporaries, like Iverson, Kobe & CAnthony. He's a great role model for today's NBA player. Takes the game serious but not neccessarily himself. He's no finger wagging, tounge wagging flopper who verbally trashes his opponent. His self styled nicknames are funny, Hibatchi and Agent Zero, as oppsed to the assbackwards thug Starbury.

Anytime you can stick it St. K, you get huge love.

Is he Nash? no. But so far L'Bron ain't Nash, DWade ain't Nash, Iverson was never Nash, and Kobe would more likely go for the reach around than the reach in with Nash, then buy him a diamond.

My basketball education took place at 33rd between 7th & 8th, and from that perspective he's a combination Bernard King and Earl Monroe with a little Meadowlark Lemon.

11. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I'm not saying Arenas isn't talented, because he is. And there was a time I thought his antics and comments were "entertaining." But now they all seem vindictive, and based around the "poor me" routine.

If he wants to be "more than a player" and "be entertaining" take a page from Bengals receiver Chad Johnson's book. That guy can play, talk, dance, entertain and mans up and gets better when he's beat. He smiles when he's doing it before, during and after games - for the most part.

12. I think living to see 'yab say, "you get huge love" is reason enough to thank Gilbert for what he said.

Draft saved Draft deleted