1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hi, yo, silver!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, May 2, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

check this out: if mcginest is not silver's poorly protected "unnamed ex-patriot," well, i'll never buy it.

if i'm mcginest, i'm royally p.o.'d. :mad: :mad:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/05/02/patriots/2.html

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Whooooooops!

3. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I know Silver is also tight with Tully Banta-Cain, a former Patriots who fled this offseason, They have a University of California connection.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I didn't see the anonymous source quoted, and then have Silver follow it up with an "I hear ya, Tully." But I did see anonymous quote, and then the next graph said "I hear ya, Willie."

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't see anyhting, what am I missing?

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

"I hear ya, Willie," wasn't meant to be an affirmation of the anonymous player quoted. It was in reference to the fact that Willie McGinnest had positive things to say about the Moss move.

In other words, "While I understand what you said earlier in this article, Willie. . .in the end, I can't sign off on the notion that the conversion of Moss will be as seamless as everyone appears to believe it will."

McGinnest isn't the former player quoted.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I've stopped reading him, even in print - though that's not as bad as online, even if the subject interests me - just can't do it.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

The way it was written it definitely looked like he outed McGinnest as the former Patriots. Bad writing.

Draft saved Draft deleted