1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi Sandy!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Oct 24, 2012.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

we got back our electricity/heat last night at 6 (rockville centre, l.i.).... hoping next hurricane gets named 'A-ROD' so it won't hit anything.

hey, i can crack wise 'cause i was in the shit. . what an ongoing nightmare for hundreds of thousands. omfg... :'( :'( :'(

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What a blackout looks like:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My town finally turned the corner today-- we are down to 42% without power and dropping. My heart goes out to L.I., NJ, Staten Island and Queens. I have a friend in Princeton, NJ still without power. That ain't exactly the Jersey shore. Lotta cold folks and cold kids tonight. A friend just made a trip to a church in Staten Island with a truckload of necessities. Everybody seems to be looking for blankets.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My mom in Westchester is still without power. I think something like 1/3 of her town is still out and something like 70 streets are still closed because of downed trees. Mom is staying with a neighbor who has a generator and a wood-burning stove and seems to be making the best of it. The town's gas stations are either out or have blocks-long lines. Otherwise, life is normal. There's trash pickup, mail delivery (as much as possible with the downed trees) and the local restaurants that deliver are still doing so. My mom ordered in Chinese for the house last night. Strange times.

Draft saved Draft deleted