1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi Sandy!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Sandy is about to do the east coast.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Weatherman I just heard on CNN: "There's no need to panic. I'LL tell you when to panic!!! Just keep watching television!" Until the storm surges laps at your ankles, I guess.
    The other two cable news networks have stupid political biases. CNN is just plain stupid.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Are all the Krogers out of milk yet?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I loaded up on a bunch of stuff today and it dawned on me I'll need power to use just about all of it but the water and dog food. The pods for the Keurigs won't do me much good without the juice.

I may seriously take the dog to work in case I can't get back home. I live in the woods, a mile down a dirt road. Scares me more than anything to think of her here and me not able to get here.

Wishing the best for everyone in the affected area. I hate this stuff almost as much as I hate snow. Hell, maybe more. Just sitting here and having no idea what's coming makes me a little crazy.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I will miss my first World Series game since 1996 tomorrow. I'm flying home from SF now and passing on Detroit so I can get the house prepared.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On Huffington Post, Frank Newport, head of the Gallup Poll, said the storm could cause polling of the election to stop next week for a couple days.
    It's an ill wind, etc., etc.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Moddy, get a power inverter for your car. Fits in your cigarette lighter, and provides an outlet for plugging in one item. Would probably run your Keurig.

Most new inverters also have a USB port for charging smartphones, etc.

Best wishes for all. I am seeing two model projections that have the center of the storm hit Delmarva, go inland, go west then south into VA then back up to DC and Baltimore Mon through Wed, basically looping around on itself.

Whatever you do, do NOT drive or walk into moving water.

VB

Veteran of Hurricane Camille, 1969, which killed over 100 in VA long after making landfall in Biloxi, MS.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The hurricane is cool, but that is one fucking bad ass cold front. Thanks Canada.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I live in central Jersey and at around 1 this afternoon the local Stop & Shop (major grocery store chain) was pretty packed and the shelves for bottled water were nearly empty. There was still plenty of milk and bread to be found. Forgot to check on the batteries though, although I hear at other stores they are in short supply.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Went to Target tonight with YG. He sprinted off to stock up on storm supplies and came back loaded down with two six packs of water and a forehead flashlight. Apparently he's going spelunking this weekend.

On another note, any ideas on decent non-perishable foods/meals? I can't do plain tuna.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Spaghetti O's can survive a nuclear blast.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Twinkies survive such as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted