1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HGH Research Story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

We've all read lost of speculative stories on HGH benefits but has anyone ever written from personal experience ?

Seems like it would be an interesting story to write. Under doctors care go into training cycle taking HGH and chronicle results.

Could be along the lines of Morgan Spurlock Mcdonalds Doc.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You couldn't do it under a doctor's care.

HGH is only FDA approved for the treatment of actual disease (the wasting sundrome associated with AIDS) or for people with a growth hormone deficiency. Any doctor who prescribes it for recreational or vanity reasons is doing something illegal and putting his or her license in jeopardy if caught.

3. Someone from Outdoors magazine did it a couple of years ago. He was a amateur cyclist whose times went down and his body got lean. It was almost an advertisement for doing HGH.

Outdoors is a very underrated magazine. That article would be well worth the read if you could find it. There was another where a conservationist traveled up to ANWR and came away thinking that drilling for oil there would be n big deal.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I bet there's still a huge HGH trade at underground anti-aging clinics and plenty of people who could write about it from experience. Sixty-year-old rich people aren't going to let a little federal crackdown get in the way of staying young.

5. The Big Ragu

Those anti-aging clinics are a huge industry in Florida. Not just 60 year olds. Even younger people. And yeah, where there is money to be made, there are doctors willing to accept cash or check.

The Feds have been cracking down a bit, though. It was a story that was even more ripe a few years ago when those clinics were operating virtually unfettered.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

What about a groupie/cheat on your wife research story? any volunteers?

7. Boom_70

Let's do it as our 2010 SJ research project. Since Moddy is a senior citizen he would be perfect. Doc Talk can write the prescription.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I miss creamora.

9. cranberry

I'll be really pissed off if I get the placebo.

10. The Big Ragu

I talked to him the other day. He said he misses you, too. He also wanted me to remind you that there was a typo on page 31 of Game of Shadows throwing the whole book into discredit.

11. Boom_70

The HGH or the groupie?

12. cranberry

I don't think the groupies come until after a few months of HGH.

Draft saved Draft deleted