1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, zeke. A Question.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 31, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's no Sister Souljah speech, but, if it would help, maybe he can get someone to send out some nasty emails. ;)

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I have to admit, no matter who the subject is, that's an interesting turn of phrase. I may have to steal ... um ... borrow it.

3. You going to be caucusing? Because, if you are, you could liveblog it for the board.
    Yes, you, zeke, could work for free!
    What a deal.
    Seriously, though, updates would be cool.

4. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I have to admit, no matter who the subject is, that's an interesting turn of phrase. I may have to steal ... um ... borrow it.

I also liked "towering collection of rodeo clowns" and "unipartisan vandalism."
    Good stuff.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I'd blog for you _ caucus site is a block away from where I live _ but I would be on the other side of the aisle from the party you're interested in.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Meanwhile, over on the rodeo clown side, Huckabee's freaky "I won't run a negative ad and here it is" press conference is like a postmodern version of Mark Antony's speech in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's up there with Gravel's Youtube video as the weirdest moment of the campaign thus far.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I, for one, am just as interested in that side. I wonder about Huckabee's turnout, though. Do you think his people will get themselves to the polls? He doesn't seem to have much of an organization to help them along.

9. JBHawkEye

He doesn't have much of an organization. He hasn't even ventured down into my area, so I don't know how much support there is for him here. He doesn't have mine _ I find him a little creepy.

Only GOPers to roll through here have been Romney, Thompson and McCain.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm sticking with my predictions of Romney and Obama, made way back when. Organization is going to make the difference for Romney in those rural precincts, I think. It's no small advantage to have people willing to drive people to the caucus, call to remind them, etc.

Will certainly be interesting, though.

11. JBHawkEye

I'll second those predictions.

Romney's people have been bombarding me with phone calls. I don't even answer the phone anymore.

12. Are you kidding?
    The GOP rules actually make sense. Fire away, JB.
    I'll be up watching on CSPAN anyway. Wave if they come to your caucus site!
    How many Iowans we got on this site anyway?

Draft saved Draft deleted