1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Yoko ... have a nice hot cup of STFU

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330398,00.html

It's the girl's given name ... and the wench from hell who wasn't content just to break up the Beatles now wants to end someone's career.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Lennon is amazing. That is all.

EDIT: Sorry Pern, complete brain fart.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She should legally change her last name to McCartney...

Lennon McCartney would sell some albums...

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I've long ago come to grips with the fact that the last remaining Beatle standing will be Ringo.

What I'm realizing today, and it almost makes me physically ill, is the last person to be alive with a direct connection to the Beatles will be Yoko.

I'm going to lie down now.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Well, at least you didn't spell it Lenin. :p

This will work out well for the young lady. People who have never heard of her before are now going to check out what the hubbub is all about and download some of her music. It doesn't hurt that she's attractive.

I also find it funny that this thread was directly above the thread entitled, "The ugliest celebrity with whom you'd have sex" when I clicked on it.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The Fox News guy quotes from two Myspace pages but makes no attempt to get comment from anyone, not even the usual call to Ono's attorney. Fair and balanced, right.

An old friend worked as Ono's bodyguard for a little while, I think about a year. He's pretty far to the right -- ex-cop, ex-Marine -- and says she's an OK human being, neither saint nor monster, like the rest of us. I can't stand her music, but I'll believe my friend on what she's like.

7. sportschick

Lennon sent out this link to her myspace friends yesterday (yes, I'm her myspace friend, STFU. I know I'm a looser).

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/11/yoko-to-rocker-ono-you-cant-use-your-name/

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

sportschick has been in love with Lennon for years. She will be at the front of the line to claw Yoko Ono's eyes out.

9. sportschick

I cannot deny those facts.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the time the Sony Corporation tried to sue the owner of a little shop named Sony (which was her given name). I can still hear Sen. Barbara Mikulski's voice booming with outrage on the Senate floor: "Shame on you Sony! Shame, shame, shame!"

Sony Corp. dropped its lawsuit...

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I knew a man, his brain was so small,
    He couldnt think of nothing at all.
    He's not the same as you and me.
    He doesnt dig poetry. He's so unhip that
    When you say Dylan, he thinks youre talking about Dylan Thomas,
    Whoever he was.
    The man aint got no culture,

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

While car shopping, I once went to nissan.com and discovered that it's the website of a little computer company in North Carolina owned by a man whose last name is Nissan. His company has been called that for like 20 years, since back when the cars were called Datsuns.

He signed up for the web address first, and of course the car company has been trying to sue him for millions of dollars. So far the computer guy has managed to win.

Draft saved Draft deleted