1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey YF - do these noisy neighbors live in YOUR building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/local/redeye-chicago-neighbors-fight-over-sex-noises-with-notes-20131112,0,2127648.story#9jbijiDRAi5RuiEf.01

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Enough with the note writing. These ladies need to meet in public to sort it out. We should also get a look (and listen) at the vibrator in question, to see what kind of nuisance it really is.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This will probably be a Jimmy Kimmel prank or a viral marketing campaign for a new app, but for now I can enjoy it in its glory.

When I lived in a dump in Fargo, I could hear the couple on one side of my place screaming at each other when I'd leave for work in the afternoon. When I'd return at 1:30 in the morning I'd hear the sounds of them fucking. A circle of life.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My horrible neighbors across the hall are the world's loudest laughers. I feel like I should have Guiness come in and certify them. The laughing sometimes sounds manic and uncontrollable and the guy claps while he laughs sometimes. It's astounding. I don't know what the hell they're doing or watching to make them laugh like that. FWIW, I've never smelled anything, so either they've got an incredible air filtration system that's pulling the smoke out of the air or they are high on life.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This thread is worthless without a better photo than the letters on the door.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/11/12/Spanish-pianist-facing-jail-time-after-neighbor-alleges-noise-pollution/8531384267693/

According to the plaintiff, identified only as Sonia B., her downstairs neighbor Laia Martin practiced eight hours a day, five days a week from 2003 to 2007 while she was studying music in college.

Martin, 27, is now a professional concert pianist. She rejects the notion that she practiced at home that often, saying she took lessons in other towns away from home.

According to Sonia B, Martin’s practicing caused "psychic injury consisting of an adjustment disorder with anxiety symptoms to environmental stress reactive ear type." She also said she experienced symptoms including sleep disturbance, nervousness, anxiety, panic attacks and pregnancy problems.

Martin’s parents, Luis and Elizabeth, are also looking at jail time for allowing the situation to occur. In addition to prison, the prosecution is requesting that Martin be disqualified from practicing any profession that has to do with the piano for four years and a hefty fine.

During the trial on Monday, Sonia B told the court that she now hates pianos, and that Martin’s noise contamination forced her to move. The trial will continue on Tuesday and is set to end by Friday.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

When we were first married, Mrs. Coco and I were not amused by the loud thumping noises from the apartment above us.

My wife asked the woman about it by the mailboxes once, and was told, "I like to do aerobics videos."

Uh ... at midnight?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Several years ago, in the co-op where I live -- which is actually two buildings connected by a courtyard -- there was a couple somewhere across the way that would be constantly going at it. I don't think I could possibly do justice to just how loud and over-the-top the woman was. This is a solid 100+ year old building, and I could hear her loud and clear with the windows closed. The guy -- if it was just one guy -- gave new meaning to the word stamina. And they would constantly be going at it, at all hours. I never found out exactly who it was. I don't hear them anymore, so I assume they sold their place.

Anyhow, one day, I get this e-mail from the building's managing agent:

Subject: Love in the Afternoon (and Morning and Evening)

It has recently been brought to the attention of management and the Board of Directors, both at the mid-summer meeting and by individual shareholders, that there have been numerous cases of loud noises emanating from an apartment in XXXXX of, let's say, an amorous nature. Far be it from management, the Board of Directors or any shareholders to make any moral or social judgments on what people do in the privacy of their own home. However, this is not about passing judgment on private activity at all. It is about the very loud and somewhat embarrassing nature of the sounds. Many persons have heard them and somewhat sheepishly complained about them.

What we ask of all shareholders is that they are aware of and sensitive to all other building occupants and take measures so that they do not inadvertently share their obviously pleasurable and exciting activities in an audible way with the rest of the building.

We certainly don't want to restrict perfectly legal activity but we do want to maintain a peaceful and tranquil environment. So, we would ask that all residents take the necessary measures to ensure that they keep their activities to themselves, as we are sure has been their intention all along. It could be as simple as closing a window or maybe referencing a different page in the Kama-sutra.

Thanks you for you understanding and compliance.

PS: Apologies to Gary Cooper, Audrey Hepburn and Billy Wilder for the use of their movie in the title.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

LOL. Thanks for making me laugh and making my day.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When wifey and I were in our apartment, there was a nice married couple above us, younger by a couple of years, who we went to dinner with and socialized with at times.

Well one night, there is some serious h*mping going on and I just say, oh well good night for them. Next day, wifey tells me that the upstairs occupants came down the stairwell and it was NOT the wife with the male occupant; she never forgave him. I said "damn" because he was a cool dude to me and we had fun golfing together.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Remember all the complaints people have had about HOAs?

Can we get your co-op board cloned?

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Someone misspelled thrust in the part about "trust and moan."

Draft saved Draft deleted