1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Hey, y'all, watch this!"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Sep 15, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You might be a redneck if you are visiting the grave of your step brother after a party and decide to pick up some beer on the way and then you get drunk and fall off a bluff and plunge 70 feet to your death.

Is that what you were going for?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A real life Darwin Award candidate.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You might be a dead redneck.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's what he gets for littering, cause there ain't no lower class than Tennessee trash...

6. KG

KG Active Member

It'd be nice if enough people still read newspapers for there to be that many on the road. A good 90 percent of that Tennessee trash on the road was newspapers.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That story really has everything you could ask for.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

The version of the joke I tell ...

The NTSB ran an experiment, installing the equivalent of flight data recorders in automobiles in the South. The cockpit voice recorders were particularly enlightening. In 95 percent of all accidents, the last words recorded were "Here, hold my beer! Watch this!"

9. KG

KG Active Member

When I was in high school, I (along with a friend) decided to sit on this rock ledge while at this park called Garden of the Gods. It's basically just a bunch of rocks and cliffs with a really nice view. Anyway, after sitting down there for a while (oh and btw we were skipping school) we realized we couldn't get back up. If we called out for help, we'd have been totally busted for skipping school, so we decided to climb down. What a dumb idea. Freehand climbing down a (roughly) 200 foot cliff is one of the dumbest ideas I've had/gone along with. If I had a teenager and found out she'd done that, I'd have a freaking heart attack. Luckily my mom didn't find out about it until years later.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Garden of the Gods? Isn't that on top of Lookout Mountain?

11. KG

KG Active Member

The one I'm referring to is in Illinois. http://www.backpackcamp.com/GardenOfTheGods.html

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You're thinking of Rock City, which is actually a very cool place. I believe there is also a Garden of the Gods outside Colorado Springs.

Draft saved Draft deleted