1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Whitlock...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tommyp, Dec 8, 2006.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

Just finished reading your NFL Real Talk column. It is a required read every week, and I have sung your praises regarding your feel for the NY Giants, my favorite football team. I am in agreement with what you have to say about them almost every week (and some weeks it's redundant regarding the team's talent being equal to any other team in the league), but I think there comes a time you have to take the actual playing of the game into consideration. Yes, they are very dangerous -- to themselves. Dr. Z rightfully summed it up in his power rankings column this week:

New York Giants (6-6)
    Unfortunately they've become the Homer Simpsons of the NFL. They trip over air. They bump into a tree and say excuse me and tip their hats. A guy intercepts a pass against the Cowboys, takes three steps and watches the ball flip out of his hands. A cornerback comes in clean on a blitz, draws a bead on Tony Romo and then for some unexplained reason pulls up and stops. On the same play, a DB zeros in on an interception ... with his arms wide apart, and of course the ball goes between them, right into a Dallas receiver's hands. Plaxico Burress runs all the way across the field to hit a guy late. Bob Whitfield head butts someone right in front of an official. What a group!

(tommyp again)

Unless the Giants can stop all that BS, all they'll be is 8-8 and if they're lucky, one and done in the playoffs.

Of course, I hope you're right and they do make it all the way to Miami.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Tommyp and J-Dub. One and the same?

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

While we might be the same age, I am nowhere near as accomplished as J-Dub.

And I think my gf is the only one who calls me Big Sexy.

Draft saved Draft deleted