1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, when he does good....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

((ahem. a little haiku in response))

George Bush rides a bike.
    Al Gore has a private jet.
    Chew on that a bit.

2. OK, and Al Gore walks and George Bush drives a jeep around his fake ranch.
    Zounds!
    (Blank verse reply to deft haiku.)

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What A.O. Scott said is his review ...
    "[Al Gore's] presence is, in some ways, a distraction, since it guarantees that 'An Inconvenient Truth' will become fodder for the cynical, ideologically facile sniping that often passes for political discourse these days."
    Like a damn prophet.

On global warming, or as the real scientists call it "climate change." Not a single real scientist, my brother among them, disputes that the Earth's climate is changing. The crux of the issue is why it is changing.
    That's where the contention starts and ends.
    Now back to the sniping...

4. This puzzled me:
    "With a stroke of a pen, the president not only can accomplish the single largest act of conservation in U.S. history, but he can inspire the American public on the broader importance of our ocean and coastal environments," said a senior administration official who requested anonymity so as to not upstage Bush's announcement today.

Why would anyone go along with anonymity on this particular quote? The stated reason doesn't pass the laugh test. My guess is that you give the official anonymity on this one so that when he or she starts slandering people again, you get the really good stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted