1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey UHaul, USuck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Aug 26, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'm sure it appears that you're right on the outside. But I have my reasons for not answering that call, and for not calling them right back. It struck me that confirming the reservation would take all of five minutes (if that), but that I'd want to be in a place where I could sit down and do it and not be rushed if, say, I got put on hold for a few minutes. The place where I'm staying isn't necessarily amenable to such things. I work late, so when they called, I was sleeping. The number was a private one, and in my sleepy stupor I forgot that I was expecting a call. Then I got the message, and figured this would be a minor transaction. But I wanted to do it on my time, when I had a few minutes. If they'd put me on hold for 15 minutes, fine, but that's not what happened. They told me I needed a confirmation number when I didn't. They told me to call back and confirm, and when I called, they put me on hold for what amounted to over an hour. I think it's a pretty tough sell to make me the bad guy here, especially when I'm still paying them, I didn't give the guy any trouble, and will no doubt bring the truck back on time. But I think it's fair for me to feel a little put-off that they took an hour of my time for something so simple that it happened within a one-minute phone call. But only when THEY could make the time for me, when it's all said and done. They weren't up for helping me when I called, only when this guy could call me. Doesn't seem like something a company in the business of making money should do. But apparently that makes me an asshole on a board where a thread about a dude nobody likes stretches to 30 fucking pages. I'm not sure I follow the logic, but hey, dem's da rules.

Oh, and spnited (you'll notice I didn't call you a name there, something you did first in this little tete-a-tete), don't bother responding to me unless you just want to show off to everyone else. You're on ignore.

Whoops, broke another rule.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

For crying out loud, it's a message board. Some thinskinned little pansies around here tonight.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Took you long enough.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Over/under on Moddy locking the thread: 20 minutes.

I like almost everyone involved here, but everyone really needs to chill and take Butt's advice.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

For what? This ain't my board. I was just adding my two worthless cents. Chill the fuck out. Who cares really what any of us has to say here?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was just having fun with spnited. I don't hate him, or even dislike him. Never have.

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

Draw a Ziggy cartoon about the complaint. Everyone will feel better.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That kinda was my point.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I don't care what you have to say, you're right. And hey, it's not your board. You do your wonderful work on the other one. Too bad, I mean, I don't know where spnited is vis-a-vis the in crowd, but I know I'm outside of it, so you'd get to flex a little muscle here, too.

Oh, whoops, again.

Christ. You know, this will probably get locked, and it probably should, and I'm at least 50 percent of the reason for it. But it's fucking bullshit that I can't rant in the Anything Goes board without having someone jump down my neck. Like bitching about UHaul was taking money out of spnited's wallet. But hey, the bad guy's the bad guy, that's how it works. Too bad, this place used to be cool.

For the record, Webs, I'm stone sober.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That Boots hasn't inspired any of the viciousness here ranks as the greatest upset in board history.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, BYH, I'd like you to know that I'm using my day off to catch up on Tivo'd episodes of 90210.

I just watched the one where David Arquette plays the drunken, girl-beating ex-boyfriend of yet-another of Brandon's bad-girl flames.

Quality.

Draft saved Draft deleted