1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey UHaul, USuck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

when you reserve the biggest one they have, that doesn't help much.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And that was your first mistake.

Their equipment is shoddy and their prices are too high.

Seriously, try Budget next time.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Let me just say that you are not alone in your hatred of UHell.
    Wife and I had a two day move, and I shit you not, turn into a five day journey into hell.
    We rented from the asshole of the world, you couldn't read the sign on the place. Truck was broke, but they said to just call the number if it did break down.
    DIDN'T HAVE A/C, and this was the end of June, beginning of July.
    Truck broke down THREE times, all on the most congested parts of I-40!
    They weren't going to be able to fix anything because it was after 5 p.m.
    We had to stay in hotel after hotel because the truck just sucked.
    We spent hours on the phone with operators, mechanics and everyone else. One time, there was a crying baby in the background, and I kid you not.
    And in the end, no apology, no money returned, just a simple, "Bend over and take it up the crapper." From the grand ass-master of companies.
    I think I'll start calling U-Haul, U-Boots because they always like to f**k you up the ass.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. that's all.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

This thread has ADHD. Goes from the U-Haul....to fuck you whiny little pansies......to Flash wanting to bang everybody in the thread......now back to U-Haul.

I love this place.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And this in today's Toronto Star about SportsJournalists.com's favourite rental company:

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/251340

Markham's John Sacco would agree. On Sunday, he attempted what he thought would be a "simple" U-Haul move: taking the belongings of his twin daughters, Jocelyn and Marjorie, from Guelph and Waterloo to their new house in Toronto, where they will begin masters' degrees in September.

The truck broke down in Mississauga at 1 p.m. Despite 10 calls to the company – and repeated promises of a mechanic – no help arrived for 10 hours.

Sacco, who had no food or water, said he was told he'd be charged for abandoning the truck if he walked away.

and the requisite weasel words from corporate:

We have tremendous experience in leadership and customer safety and we believe our record reflects this," the company said.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you forgot to add the anal penetration.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

[hanging head in shame]

The one thing.....the one thing I should not have forgotten.....a phrase that stands above all others....anal penetration.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

rookie mistake. we'll forget it ... this time. :D

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My UHaul tale (will never use UHaul again):

Our last move was a stressful one. I lived in Bumblefuck for about four months with a new job while the wife and kids stayed in Podunk finishing up the school year. We knew far in advance that we were moving Memorial Day weekend, so we made our reservations with UHaul three months in advance. My dad was going to pick up the UHaul truck in a town near Podunk and drive it to Podunk to get everything. Now, since we had unlimited mileage, we figured we get the medium-sized truck and make two trips. (Gas prices weren't ramming us in the ass then). My Paw gets to Near Podunk to pick up the truck, and they tell him they can't find the reservation. No problem. I had printed him out a copy of the reservation, complete with confirmation and everything. So he presents the papers. They insist there is no reservation for a kingcreole or anyone named creole for that day or any day.

My dad calls me, literally crying because he is so pissed off. So I call the UHaul and tell them to give us a truck. Any truck. They say they don't have any, that they intentionally overbook reservations in case somebody pulls out. So I call them out and say, "So you do have my reservation." They say they do and will try to find us another truck in a nearby city.

Luckily, Podunk had a small truck. They tried to right the wrong by giving us a $50 "gas discount", which was a tiny step in the right direction. Oldmancreole gets the truck, loads up, makes a trip, returns, makes a second trip, and tells me we need to make one more trip to get a handful of items.

So we go early Memorial Day. Get the stuff, check out the apartment one last time and head out. We decide to get gas at a place right past, ironically, Nearby Podunk, the same city that had the UHaul that tried to fuck us. Five miles from the gas station, our truck breaks down. After waiting two hours on a hot fucking highway with no air conditioning, mechanic/tow truck shows up. The mechanic inspects the truck briefly and said there seemed to be nothing wrong with it. He asks if we maybe ran out of gas. We tell him the gas meter indicated we had about 1/8th of a tank.

Turned out, we did run out gas.

Burn in hell UHaul.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted