1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey! TV Folks! Ask A Question!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jun 17, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

any important questions i didn't want to ask in front of the entire class i'd save for after the presser. sadly, if it's a sitch where you do not have a relationship with the subject of said presser you are pretty much screwed. just a way of life.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Here, after Big Local U's hockey team is done getting their butt kicked, the announcement is made via PA to "come join coach Rahswoiyah for his postgame comments in the Crapshoot Room." Fun pressers, those are. Luckily, I've only been there to do sidebars, so I mostly get to avoid the horde and catch players outside of the locker room.

The TV folks around here are professional -- major homers, maybe, but they've scratched my back a few times when I've needed it and they stay out of the way when I'm on deadline. I'm a terrible stutterer, so letting them lob the first few questions is a blessing.

Draft saved Draft deleted