1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Tim. What's It Like Being The Veep's beeyotch?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 26, 2007.

1. From the WaPo:
    "Flashed on the courtroom computer screens were her notes from 2004 about how Cheney could respond to allegations that the Bush administration had played fast and loose with evidence of Iraq's nuclear ambitions. Option 1: "MTP-VP," she wrote, then listed the pros and cons of a vice presidential appearance on the Sunday show. Under "pro," she wrote: "control message."

"I suggested we put the vice president on 'Meet the Press,' which was a tactic we often used," Martin testified. "It's our best format."

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FB. come on, you know the score. Tim Russert's job is to look after the interests of the General Electric corporation. Journalism is merely a waste byproduct of that endeavor.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

This whole Libby trial is going to be great stuff. I like how the communications person had to admit to releasing information on late Friday and how leaking information is part of their strategy. I know it's always been known, but seeing it proved is a trip.

I was surprised about Russert, last time I saw Cheney on his show, Russert played a soundbite, compared it to what really happened in Iraq and then asked Cheney about it. Didn't seem very compliant to me.

Interesting to see if he'll mention it this weekend.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't know about Russert, but Wolf Blitzer practically dropped trou and bent over for Tricky Dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted