1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, there, Lieslntx and I are fine...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Sep 15, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I wanted to say that Lieslntx and I are fine, if a bit disgruntled in the wake of Hurricane Ike. It was an absolute direct hit for us and much worse than Hurricane Alicia in 1983. Fortunately, we were all well prepared, as they say you should be. Plenty of food, water, gas and money on hand. But you really can't stock all of those things beyond 3 days in a lot of cases, so there really starts to be a need for some relief around the end of day 3, or mid-day 4. It's just a reality.

We both emerged safely and relatively damage-free, although Lieslntx got hit a bit with damage on her property.

Just wanted to give you an update.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Awesome!

I was worried about you guys getting hit by Ike.

Please, come back and join us.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Glad to hear you're both doing well, all the best to all of you.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Good to hear all is well, Alley. You'd definitely be welcomed back 'round these parts.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Great to hear. I was wondering where you've been of late. I did see LiesIntx posted something earlier so I knew she was OK but I had meant to ask where you've been of late. Welcome back.

My best to you and your family as you get things put back together. If I was closer by, I'd come over and help.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Thanks for the update, AA. We'll keep you, Liesl and the little man in our thoughts. (I'm assuming Liesl's daughter stayed in Austin and things are OK, there?)

Draft saved Draft deleted