1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Taco Bell, "Where's the Beef?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

@Coco: That's the one. I used to take Division to the mall, then go back via Nevada/Hamilton just to get some Taco John's. I miss college.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but when the beef content falls to 36%, you've added more than seasonings & spices:

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There are only 10 Taco Bells in the Chicago area?

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, I'll stand in the minority here as a fan of Five Guys. Better than Fatburger, IMO. I do like Culver's as well.

And one of the only true regrets for living in the south is not to be able to get White Castle (south of Nashville at least) and instead have as your only option the poor imitation known as Krystal. I just can't do that.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Underrated southern burger chain - Checkers.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That struck me too. I don't really eat there, and it's not like I notice a lot of them, but I would have surely guessed that there are more than 10 in Chicagoland.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed, and pretty economical compared to some of the others mentioned on this thread.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can get two cheeseburgers, a coke and some fries for around $5 at Checkers. It would be more than twice that at Five Guys. Would it be better? Sure, but not twice as good.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wow, that T-Bell spokesman has a career in comedy. I especially liked this line:

Uh ... go into a Taco Bell and you'll see how this fine-crafted "beef" is cooked. They have a huge pot of boiling water, throw a bunch of plastic bags filled with 10 pounds of pre-cooked beef solution into the pot, hit a 10-minute timer button, then pour the slop into a bin on their food prep station.

You know, just like when you cook at home ...

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

For Taco Bell, that is slow cooking.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted