1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Taco Bell, "Where's the Beef?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 24, 2011.

1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Taco Bravos FTW.

@Coco: Did Taco John's go under, or are there just not any where you are? When I went to college in Spokane, there was one near the mall (if you took the semi-main road instead of the main road). Where I grew up (Lewiston, ID), there was still one in one of those gas station/convenience store combos a couple years back.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Taco Johns are still around, I can confirm. Or at least they were before I moved away from one in November :( Taco Bravos are a steal for 99 cents, but the Potato Ole Breakfast Platters are the best thing on the menu.

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I was never up early enough for breakfast, it seemed, so Taco Bravos it was. Back on topic, I have to settle for the Double Decker tacos at Taco Bell without a Taco John's in range.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm a fat guy. And here is my fat guy opinion on all fast food...

KFC > Sonic > In-N-Out > Taco Bell > Burger King > Five Guys > Wendys > McDonalds

I'll take an Ultimate Cheese Snacker and a side of Mac & Cheese from KFC over anything any of these other chains can offer.

As far as best burger, it's In-N-Out and it's not even close. Five Guys is vastly overrated. It's essentially a more hyped up version of Wendy's. I put Sonic second overall, though, because any fast food chain that carries good (but cheap) mozzarella sticks gets the thumbs up from me.

6. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

My friend actually calls Five Guys "Fancy Wendy's."

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I live east of the Mississippi, so no In-N-Out here. We do, however, get to enjoy the yumminess that is Backyard Burger. I'd put it up against anything.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nothing is more overrated than In-N-Out.

It's a pretty good fast-food burger, sure. But having read the way West Coasters breathlessly described it before, I would have expected a lot better than that.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

What I want to know is how much of the chicken is actually chicken.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would agree - no better no worse. French Frys closer to BK than McDonalds

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't wanna ponder how much of the baked chicken is baked chicken.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

60 percent of the time, the baked chicken is baked llama 100 percent of the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted