1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Starman, up for a road trip?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just came over the fax:

Thank God for 4 dead Boy Scouts at the hands of an Angry God using His tornadoes -- a favorite weapon of His wrath. God hates Nebraska and Iowa for persecuting His servants at (Westboro Baptist Church). These Boy Scouts dies for the sins of Nebraska and Iowa.

WBC will picket the funerals.

Fourth of Four Funerals
    Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church
    15005 Q St.
    Omaha, Neb.
    Saturday, June 14, from 9:15 to 10 a.m.

2. Horrible, horrible people.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Starman, you get the pitchforks and I'll get the lighted torches. Doc, can you make a tar and feathers run?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm on it.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The sins of Nebraska? What sins? Being too conservative? I'm pretty sure Nebraska is sinless in the eyes of the religious right.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It is sinfully boring to drive through.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That's a true story.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Those dirty rotten bastards.

THOSE DIRTY ROTTEN BASTARDS!!!

They need to go. They need to have the ever livin' SHIT beat out of them!

9. These guys are beyond right. They're so far right, they are off the map, off the table, out of the building and across the street (where they are holding signs, of course).
    They believe everyone who isn't a member of their specific church goes to hell.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Unfortunately, there can be no Starman JusticeTM. I just realized the funeral was this morning.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This is not political.

This is a group of sick rotten bastards whose twisted theology is an abomination to every decent human being.

They need to go away.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

No mention of it on any of the tv station's stories in Omaha. The funeral they were planning on picketing was this morning. Good for the tv stations for ignoring them.

Draft saved Draft deleted