1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Secret Santa!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JoelHammond, Dec 3, 2007.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I got my gift(s) today. Well done.

And the name on the return address was such that I couldn't figure out who it was!

Thanks again, Santa, and thanks again to SecretSanta.IJAG for organizing.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Damn. I'd better get on the ball.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I got mine over the weekend. The person signed the package with their handle, but I already knew who they were.

I'm guessing the person I sent a gift to will be able to figure it out, unless Amazon forgets to put the card in it.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, Joe Crest Colgate, you chose a hell of a gift.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My giftee got his gift last week. I was on the ball this year :D

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

SecretSanta is off tonight, so I'm filling in.

She says we're desperately low on people who have shipped, or at least those who have told her. Her suggestion is to get it in the mail no later than early next week, as shipping around the holidays usually brings delays.

She's putting hers in the mail Friday (She doesn't get her allowance until then).

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Hannukkah starts tomorrow... crap.

I haven't sent any cards for <i>that</i>, let alone my Secret Clause gift. I thought I was ahead of the crowd just by having bought it!

Have no fear, giftee! The package will be on its way south by the end of the week!

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I haven't even shopped yet. Bad, bad me.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

ALREADY??

We are going to be really late.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hell, I...I mean she doesn't care if you ship it on Dec. 24 if you overnight it.

Last year, we had people waiting into January. That's all I'm trying to avoid.

Ship when you can, let SecretSanta know via PM when you do, and drop a note when you receive your gift as well. Please. Thank you.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd like to let SecretSanta know that I'm going out of town next week for about 9 days, so if something gets shipped to me, I won't be here to get it.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If sc's Santa sees that, and might hold off on shipping, that would be fantastic.

Otherwise...I hope it's there when you get back. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted