1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey - NO OUTING! Mickelson begs to differ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Phil trying to learn ID of a poster (not here), interesting case:

http://www.golf.com/ap-news/phil-mickelson-sues-find-source-defamation?xid=siextra_020312

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Isn't that the stuff that the infamous SI eve-of-Masters profile was supposed to be about?

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I thought that piece was apparently about how he signed with Callaway just before the Ryder Cup - and as a result, playing with unfamiliar equipment and sucking at the event - because they'd agreed to pay off his huge gambling debts.

4. This was the one I heard as well.

But I didn't spread it Phil. It wasn't me... It was him^^^^^!!!!

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah now that you mention it I think you're right -- but I had heard about that other stuff awhile back and I guess I just jumbled them all in my head as "Rumors I Desperately Want To Be True."

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That rumor was all over the Ryder Cup at the time.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

The ISP in this case, Videotron, is owned by Quebecor, which also owns the right-wing Sun Media chain (newspapers and now a TV news network) and is trying to bring the NHL back to Quebec City.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

After his round in Phoenix yesterday, CBS asked him who he liked in the SB. He said something to the effect of "the Giants are tough to beat right now", which I heard as "I've got NY plus the points for 100k."

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And he would have won big, again.

Interesting case, and I hope Lefty wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted