1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Hey! No one's talking about) CFL 2008 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Final: 35-24 Eskimos win. Who'd have thought they'd be 4-2 out of the gate? Not me, but then again I'm completely biased against anything to do with Edmonton.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wow. Where the hell has that been for the last three years?

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

What, the Eskimos beating B.C. or my irrational need to put down the "City of Champions"? To be fair, I'm in a mood this week of putting down pretty much anything. Bambi's better as deer jerky and stuff.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The Eskimos performance. Hell they even tried running the ball. I couldn't believe it. They actually looked like a half way competent team. Did you see that catch by Petersen over the middle? can't believe he held on.

Damn. I could go for some deer jerky right about now.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oskeeweewee baby!

Hamilton Ticats rout the Argos again--this time 45-21

And they did it without their starting QB Casey Printers AND their stud RB Jesse Lumsden.

Defence rules!

This fanboy is ecstatic.

The Labour Day Classic should be the awesomest game ever!

Hi Huggy!

[​IMG]

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Um, if defence rules, how'd they score 45 points? I had the TV on but barely paid attention.

Oh, and last week's Stamps-Riders game hurt, though I did win numerous pre-game battles thanks to my trusty plastic horn. Long story.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

How is Kerry Joseph, a guy I think should be a QB in the NFL, doing this year?

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Well, he got his ass kicked by Hamilton tonight, so that can tell you something.

But yes, he'd do fairly well down south. Strong enough and mobile.

Oh, 23-4 for the Stamps at the half. Riders injuries finally caught up with them; just a week later than Beef and I had predicted. To be fair, they showed up in last week's win but Calgary was so bloody awful... but I digress.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So I know Ontario has their little labour day pissing match, but was wondering if any SJ.ab.ca members want to get together at an establishment where they serve a grain based beverage to catch the real Labour Day game. Maybe PMing me would work best.

Lets go Eskimos!

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I've already got my tickets in section X. Drop by our tailgate anytime after 8 a.m. They're serving the usual - beer batter pancakes with Jack Daniels syrup. I'm making chili as a side dish for lunch later on... anyone coming can PM me for details.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the next canadian football league legend ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I looked into getting tickets, but the best tickets I could find put me in row 62, so I thought I might be better off watching at a bar. Flash, you around? or are you going to the game?

Draft saved Draft deleted