1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Hey! No one's talking about) CFL 2008 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jul 27, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Your totally random programming note of the day...for some god-unknown reason a local station in Mississippi is picking up the TSN feed. Live.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Must be all the ex-patriate Canucks living in Mississipi.

And Hamilton is about to go 1-5.

Lumsden got hurt so there's half of their offense.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Yeah, but they've still got Casey Printers! What? No? He's injured too?

Actually, they might be better without him.

On a side note, I was at the Hamilton home opener and my god, what a depressing night. I think I heard a half-dozen people say 'here we go again.'

BTW, Saskatchewan's unbeaten string ends Saturday. Mark my words.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Is it an America One affiliate? A-1 has carried CFL games for a few years now.

http://www.americaone.com/

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

On slow weekend nights, I watch CFL games via an internet link of an America One affiliate in Liberal, Kansas. For some reason, A1 doesn't show all the games this year like it has in the past. The Liberal station won't show Friday games when the school year starts because it does high school games.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I used to watch the CFL on an A-1 station in Prescott, Ariz.

That stopped after the station was bought and became an independent.

channelsurfing.net seems to do a good job of picking up most of the games.

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

If you have access to it (and your ISP has to subscribe ... I'm one of the lucky ones), ESPN360 shows just about every CFL game, and archives it.

On a slow day, I hook the laptop up to the TV and watch me some football.

Tape-delayed time-filler CFL games filled lots of free time at home when I was growing up. Was an Argos fan at the time, but that seems like rooting for the Yankees now. Maybe I'll pick the Alouettes or something (I live in the city of one team that moved from Baltimore, might as well pick another one to cheer for :) ).

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Even dyed in the wool Ticat fans (Oskeeweee, baby :)) have had enough.

Bob Young turned the franchise around by being involved in the community, putting in a new field scoreboard and cleaning the stadium up but fans have run out of patience.

I watched part of the season opener--there were what, 8000 empty seats at Ivor Wynne which seats 29,000?

I understand a new stadium is planned as part of an urban renewal programme.

I was born in Hamilton, lived there for about 5 years in my 20's but there are parts that remind you of a third world country.

Gomer, the Green Riders will not lose to Calgary

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

With all of their injuries I think they may just lose to Calgary, especially with the Stamps being motivated after falling to the Bombers last week.

Now to see if the Esks can put together a second half come back against the Lions.

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Ding ding ding. Beef's crystal ball's looking better by the second. It's 34-24 as I type this.

Oh, and I'm on the same line of thinking vis-a-vis Riders injuries. They've done admirably but it's bound to catch up with them at some point. Half the stadium dressed in green won't be enough Saturday and on the flipside, the Stamps are better than their 3-2 record indicates. Two incredible last-minute TD's exposed their lack of protection against the long ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted