1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Nancy Is the War Over Yet?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 23, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If Al-Qaeda wants to supply the "sharper blows" on American soil, then we'll see who flees in a panic.

I don't call refusing to referee a civil war between religious Iraqi factions "surrendering to al-Qaida."

2. Well, then, BT, I'm sorry but you have no chance in next year's Republican primaries.

3. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

F-B, right now there are three people who admitted on camera they don't believe in evolution who are still in the race. If that's the best and brightest of the Republican party, I wouldn't rule anybody out just yet.

4. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

And, unfortunately, many in the Democratic party believe that man can cause gigantic hurricanes and melt the planet just by driving their cars, so I think we're even :).

Seriously, there are a LOT of holes in the fossil record that could make one question Darwin's theories. While many creationists believe in the concept of natural selection and mutations and changes within species, there has never been a proven concrete example of trans-species mutation, so I'm not reading how failing to believe in Darwin's THEORY -- which can no more be proven than the THEORY of creation -- is a sign of abject stupidity and backwardness.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Then by all means, vote for Brownback.

6. Please show me empirical proof of creationism that exists on the same peer-reviewed scientific level as the evidence for global climate change. Scripture doesn't count, Neither does ID fakery.
    And, yes, in 2007, being willing to state publicly and proudly that you don't believe in evolution is very much evidence that you are too much of a superstitious yahoo to be president.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Who really cares about any of that evolution vs creationism shit? What I want to know of a candidate - can you balance a budget, or build a consensus in Congress, or get us out of the Middle East and keep us out of other conflicts around the world that are none of our fucking business? If you can honestly answer yes to even one of those questions, you may be worthy of our votes.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, OK then. As long as we're "even." ::)

BTW, saying the world is flat and that the sun revolves around the earth does not make you "even" with the opposing thought.

Just makes you twice as stupid.

And finally . . .

There is no penalty to being wrong if evolution were somehow proven to be hogwash.

There could be a huge penalty for being proven wrong on global warming . . . if it continues to be ignored.

Draft saved Draft deleted